Monday, May 23, 2016

American Pancakes cooked with a Perivian Gorge Forman

Monday, May 23, 2016

Family,

HI. 

I will start this letter with what happened yesterday.  We went to the hospital with a less active member to give a blessing to his wife with diabetes.  She might have to lose a leg because of all of the problem she is having, really sad.  We entered the very private six person room where the sister was staying.  We talked a little bit and gave her a blessing.  After that blessing the lady on the other side came and said, "Give me one too."  We did.  A woman then came over and told us, "My mother needs one."  We got their and she was an 85 year old woman that was sleeping.  The woman told us that her mom had been asleep for 2 weeks.  I gave her a blessing.  As I did so I felt two very strong impressions.  

1. This little grandma had been a good woman and God loved her a lot.

2. Her time was come.  She would not open her eyes again.

I wish I could have a logical reason to have thought those things, but I didn't.  I just felt them.  Many times we think we need to fully understand why we are supposed to do something before we do it.  But we should remember that we are agents to act and that the only thing that determines my actions are my thoughts, and words.

In other news, my comp and I are both tired, just tired.  We gave this week all that we had and we feel good about what that is.  Today seeing as we are in Huanuco and there is nothing to do ever, we are going to play it by ear and make that best of it.

This week in English Class we decided to tell stories to keep people entertained.  Meaning that one of us would make up a story and the other would act it out.  We told stories about missionaries and dogs. Forgetting the keys and midgets skipping through the woods singing YMCA and then running into a pot of gold.  haha you can say it was eventful.

That's the week.  I can't really think of other stuff that is happening even though I know it is.

Sonriendo Siempre,

Elder Glassett



No comments:

Post a Comment