Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Colonial is home sweet home

Monday, May 16, 2016

Family, 

I am in Huanuco.  AGAIN!  And I am happy about that!  I got here on Wednesday so I have almost 1 week here but I am definitely not counting seeing as I don't need any reminders that my time is limited.

My companion is Elder Checketts.  A great guy from Layton, Utah and officially my second American comp.  I miss Elder Calle.  He was the best. 

I got to church yesterday and in the announcements was the normal, we have a new Elder, Elder Glassett in our ward.  Which was then followed by the not very common, he will be giving the first talk today.  Dang-it. Thank goodness for personal study.  I don't know where I would be without it.

My area in big for Huanuco, but not for Huancayo.  We have all the basics like dogs, hills, houses of mud, apartment complexes and as always in Huanuco, Dust!  Lots and lots of dust.  I think it's fair to say I will not be using contacts here.

As far as getting to know the area, I am doing my best.  My comp and I are thinking of doing weekly divisions with members to cover more ground so I need to learn the roads and people quickly.

And it is a blessing to be free again.  I learned so much from my time in the office and I wouldn't try and take it out or replace it but it feels really good to work and get tired, to climb up hills and take advantage of studying the scriptures. It's harder but it's worth it.

All is well in the Andes.

Sonriendo Siempre,
Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment