Tuesday, September 29, 2015

i put the week down for a nap..

Monday, September 28, 2015

Family, 
 
I am still alive and well!  We are doing another asado this week because we made one last week with an investigator and we have to teach him how to do it!  You should have pictures of that!  I also got a new mate which is pretty awesome.  Another photo of that will be going to you.  Life is good in the mission.  I have still not been able to lose or gain any weight.  And we made a deal with my awesome pension that she is only allowed to give us rice once a week. 
 
This week we kind of realized that the steps before baptism are a lot more necessary that coming to church and praying.  Somebody has to repent!!!  That is a big deal!  They have to change their old habits to become new and better.  They have to WANT to go to church instead of just doing it.  They Need to understand WHY they need to be saved. They need to understand the fall.  Can missionaries really do that?  Can we convert a person?  The answers to both questions is no, we can't.  We can only set goals and checkup.  We can only Teach truths and testify.  We can only Try.  If you think about it we don't do anything the members can't do.  Interesting. 
 
I think a lot about Lehi's dream and I like to use it to teach because it's visual.  Lehi did not and could not successfully share the Love of God (the fruit) until he had really tried it.  We cannot really share repentance until we have tried it as well in some part.  In timothy it says the Husbandmen who works in the vineyard must be first partaker of the fruits. 
 
I know the church is true. I know that repentance works.  That God Loves us. 
 
I will be watching Conference in English! 
 
Alexis Will be Baptized the week after conference! 
 
We are Alive and well! 
 
I am looking for Christmas presents for you all! 
 
Love you
Sonriendo Siempre, 
 
Elder Glassett
 
 
Mi Mate!

A Free Grate


BBQ



No comments:

Post a Comment