Saturday, April 16, 2016

Hey everyone

Sunday April 10, 2016


Family, 

So, I assume (haha yes I know what that does to us…) that you got my message from yesterday. Man, I am tired...  (Note.  He's referring to an audio message he sent the day before after he had moved with the help of three zones.  They cleaned and set up 13 new bunk beds in the new missionary house.)

This week was slow and a little frustrating.  We are receiving help from one member (which is the norm)… a guy named Albertano he is about 65… He is awesome and I am so grateful for his help… Going through weeks like these make me think about what missionaries need from members… Members need to reach out. They need to act in faith and help out however they can. They need to introduce themselves to new people at church and talk about their beliefs with their friends and neighbors. Every member is a missionary or at least they should be. 

There are two ideas I have been thinking about lately 

1.  The mission is not the only place where our time is the Lord’s time.  I really liked when somebody is conference said, “for years Thomas S. Monson has been taking the long way home to say hi to, or visit someone in need.” He understands that his time is not his. 

2.  The mission isn’t the only time when we should be exactly obedient…  The other day somebody said, “God understands when I sin because I’m not an apostle or anything…” I couldn’t help but think God is no respecter of persons…  I was reading in 2 Nephi 9:40 which says, "O, my beloved Brethren, give ear to my words.  Remember the greatness of the Holy One of Israel.  Do not say that I that I have spoken hard things against you for if ye do, ye will revile against the truth; for I have spoken the words of your Maker.  I know that the words of truth are hard against all uncleanness; but the righteous fear them not, for they love the truth and are not shaken. 

The righteous love the truth and are not shaken… In Spanish it says they are constant. I think God has the same expectations for all of us. That’s why Christ said, “be ye therefore perfect” to all of us. God Loves us and knows we can do this. Or that we can at least try really hard. 

All this has been on my mind lately. I hope that we can all try to be our best selves. I hope we can all love the truth and be not shaken. 

Sonriendo Siempre,
Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment