Monday, April 18, 2016

My compi left the Compu!

Monday, April 18, 2016

¡Aloha a todos!

Hi family.  Life is a lot calmer now that last week and the elections and conference and everything thing else that was happening is no longer happening...

Before I start I have a funny story.

The other day my compi and I set a new goal to see which ice cream place is the best in our area.  Obviously contacting the ice cream Cholita, while we are at it, we were not only saddened to discover that there is only one ice cream place in the other area. (We thought there would be at least 2 or 3) But the Cholita didn't know how to make the thing work. Elder Calle said what flavors do you have and she said ya ya ya wait one second and put like one crooked swirl of ice cream on the cone and then gave it to him.  (Keep in mind he never told her what favor he wanted). I was there thinking.  Uh oh now I have to get one too and she's going to do the same thing... But haha right then her granddaughter came out and gave me a whole bunch!!!  Saved by the nina!  Elder Calle and I then awkwardly looked and the different amount we had each received and said thank you... We left laughing and the next day I bought him another to make up for it.  haha good times.

We came across a folder of old baptismal records and have been using that to find less active and recent converts. The problem there is that many people no longer live in the same house so the week has been full of looking for little streets that nobody knows and talking with strangers.  haha the mission right?  While we were looking for a street I had a feeling we should talk to a man who was sitting outside his house. We passed him to talk to a member really quickly and then the thought came again in quiet but urgent feeling, which I have understood to be the Holy Ghost, that we should talk to him.  We went and started talking.  He asked a few questions and we ended up sitting on the ground next to him talking for about 30 minutes. His name is Samuel. And he said, wow that's crazy that you guys just happened to be passing by on the day that I locked my keys in the house.   What are the odds?  We gave him a pamphlet of the restoration and made plans to visit him again.  And this time he said, normally churches give me things to read and after about 2 pages I get bored and stop.  But this time I read the whole thing and then thought I should read that again to understand it better.  We have put a baptismal goal with him and are grateful for that miracle... I left the appointment last night thinking, God pulled so many strings so that we could have this experience.  What would have happened if we had ignored it?

I love when Peter says, we only speak of what we have seen and heard.  What I have seen is the power of a loving Father in Heaven who knows us better than we know ourselves and loves us more than we love ourselves.  I am grateful for this knowledge.  And Hope that we recognize ourselves as children of God before we say student, photographer, dentist, bishop or anything.  We are first and foremost Children of God.

1 Corinthians 3:23 and ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

Sonriendo Siempre,

Elder Glassett


No comments:

Post a Comment