Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today we are going to ruins..i dont know how to spelll that

Monday, July 6, 2015


Hey Family
This week was NARLY FAST.  We ended up having a million problems to fix. Which is always super fun!  Our house is getting a lot better!!  We have food now!!!  Which is pretty much oatmeal and pancakes and yogurt… which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better the typical Peruvian fried everything breakfast... They makes scones (Which is actually pretty awesome)  But they call them Pancakes!! THAT IS A LIE!! 

We are working with three families that we have found in the last 2 weeks or so.  And yesterday they all came to church… Which is a miracle for this country...  For real my comp and I have been working Come Locos!  And yesterday it all paid off!  We were sooo happy! And they all loved it!  

Side story… For those familiar with Latin Culture it is normal to say hi and bye to EVERYONE with a kiss on the cheek… But not really a kiss, more like touching cheeks and making the “kiss” sound.. With that said… Yesterday an investigator was saying goodbye to everyone and when she got to Fernandez she (against all of his efforts to escape from her)  planted one… haha after the she realized that she shouldn’t have done that.  Probably because I was laughing at them..  Then I shook her hand… I'm STILL CLEAN!! 

I should say something about Peruvian food. Every Peruvian here says that it’s the greatest. And in Lima, Trujillo, Iquitos, Tingo and Lots of other parts of Peru, it’s great.  But, here… where I am.  In the mountains… with the hicks of the country…. Not so much.  I’ve been working at being more direct with people…. But also nicer…haha.  Mom probably would not say I need to be more direct… 
I know the Church is true . I know the Book of Mormon is true.  And if you don’t, you probably should... your salvation depends on the word of God. 

Sonriendo Siempre, 

Èlder Glàssett
Photo from Pampas

Me with about 30 eggs in my hair for me birthday...  (The eggs are in the back of his hair.)  With Elder Fernandez and his Pensionista.

No comments:

Post a Comment