Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mi Districo

The cave of wonders!!

Claudia's Baptism.  Coco with Elder Rodriguez on his left.
Monday, June 15, 2015

So this week (like a good week) started in the jungle.  In a cave.  Full of bats... haha that last part I did not see coming.  

So this week was going to be the baptism of Claudia and Diana.  But, thanks to good old Peru and more specifically Huanuco no one is married and Diana didn't get baptized.  BOOOOOOOOOO!!  Also, I was thinking about how we are going to help Diana get baptized... and she told us that her boyfriend is a member... but he's not... and if he did get baptized they didn't do a record.... So... that's good... the good thing is that a wedding here only costs 100 soles which is about 33 dollars..

But he doesn't really want to talk to us.... His name is Gabriel you could pray for him.

So the baptism happened and it was Awesome!  The ward got there super late!!!  SUPER LATE! But they did bring the party as well!  Claudia was super happy and all ended well!

Sunday in class I was next to Diana and lent her my triple to read a scripture in D&C 130.. and right on the other side of the page it was D&C 131:2 AND IT TALKS ABOUT MARRIAGE... I wanted to show it to her.  But, if I point it out it won't be the same... so I did a fast prayer that she would just read the whole page... and  then when i finished she was reading verse 2!  And following with her finger!  Fastest answer to a prayer ever!  I have to go.  But the Church is true!

Sonriendo Siempre,

Elder Glassett


No comments:

Post a Comment