Monday, February 22, 2016

The church's email system has had some glitches recently so I have a few letters that were sent but never made it to us.  

February 5, 2016 

Okay FAM,
 
You are probably wondering why I am writing today.  Well it's Sister Henderson's birthday and so we are having pday today.  WOOOOOOO.  

This week was leadership council.  So that was fun.  The day after council we did divisions with the zone leaders from Huanuco. My old area in Huanuco. So that was cool. The even cooler thing was that one of the zone leaders was Elder Evans from Draper Utah.  WOOOOO!!  It was good to see him again and work with him for a day. 

I seem to be making a habit of trimming peoples bushes.  I've been doing that a lot lately and we have been getting new investigators with it. So I guess I'll just let nature take its course with this one.

Yesterday we talked to a less active.  His name is Luis and he is about 16.  Both of his parents died not too long ago and he is living with his aunt and cousins.  He says that he hasn't felt the spirit for a long time and we see him very confused.  Not really knowing what is going on in his life.  My companion and I didn't really know what to say because we have never been through something like that.  But I thought of the video by Elder Nelson called "men's hearts shall fail them" where he says, if you have enough faith you will be able to make it through the trials.  And I thought of James 1:6 that says he that doubts is like a wave of the sea. Which, is tossed from one side to another. (The Elder Glassett Spanish to English translation) From here on out to be known as EGT.  Lastly I thought about Hel 5:12 that says, "it is upon the rock who is Christ the redeemer where we should set our foundations which is a sure foundation.  A foundation where on if men build they shall not fall."  I kind of realized that what is happening to Luis is something that happens to all of us we all go through a time when we don't really have an anchor, we are kind of floating in the sea like a wave. Or maybe we feel like a house built upon sand.  As people, we have a weird habit of looking for ourselves when kids start to rebel the parents say "he just hasn't found himself yet."  But I don't think that. I think we should be in charge of building ourselves.  Choosing a foundation and building.  We build our foundations on Christ as we follow the commandments of the Father.  As we do what Christ told the young rich man.

It's been a good week I can't complain about anything.

Sonriendo Siempre,

Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment