Monday, February 1, 2016

i no longer know what to say in these things...

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Hey Family,

Sorry about last week.  We had a crazy pday and didn't really have more than 5 minutes at a time in the office.

In summary I'm good. I have spent so much time in the last week at a movie star store with my companion that they gave us coffee mugs.  haha I think they think we are employees now..  That is the phone service here.

Wednesday we found the catholic block of our area.  haha  We have never been rejected so many times.  Every appointment failed and we ended up only finding 2 people that were interested.  Neither one lives in our area.  We sent the references. The weird thing about Wednesday was that we were so happy at the end of it.  Even though we were tired and had nothing to show for it. It makes me think of a part in acts when all the apostles had been taken and beaten and left singing praises of gratitude that were counted worthy to suffer in the name of the Lord.  I am grateful that I can work and wear myself out for him.

The work is crazy.  We had a bit of a crazy week. I spent a good amount of time on Thursday trimming bushes while my companion contacted... They talked for so long that I finished the little lot!  Later that day we were teaching a new investigator. (A Very Set Catholic woman) but also very nice and open to conversation. She told us that she thought that Mormons where rich racist people because she has never known one.  She was surprised to hear that we are really not that different from her and her beliefs.

As we did a little bit of CCE (how to begin teaching) I asked if there was anything in particular that she would like us to talk about or a question she had about our church. She said almost in tears. Talk to me about Jesus. I had been feeling like we should talk about the Book of Mormon. So we did both!!!  Haha! Good thing the Book of Mormon Testifies of Christ Right?!  We went to Mosiah.  And read about what Abinadi prophesied about the will of the son being swallowed up in the will of the father. The spirit was so strong we gave her the Book of Mormon and she was so excited to read it.  I am grateful for that book.  We read it every night American's in Spanish, Latin's in English..  It's awesome.

Well family that it pretty much it.

Sonreindo Siempre,

Elder Glassett


Throw back to Pampas

Throw back to Mantaro.  "I'm sitting in a cup."

Sitting on the best grass in Peru.




No comments:

Post a Comment