Monday, March 2, 2015

Fastest week of my life.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Hi family!! I hope all is well and good! I am still alive which is something that continues to surprise me in this dear town of Pampas.

This week we were able (or God helped us) to reach our goal of 41 members in the sacrament meeting! This has never happened in the history of the branch. Also, the four of us missionaries are now in charge of running not one but TWO organizations... Elders Quorum and Young Mens. Pucha!

On a super exciting note, Hermana Luz is headed for the waters of baptism this Saturday!! She is so ready! When we first put the date for the 28 of February she was a little hesitant. She didn’t know if the Lord would be able to forgive her for the things she has done. She felt a feeling I once lived hopeless, but now, it’s incredible! She is so happy! We taught the commandments to her on Saturday and she accepted all of them! Even the Sabbath day, this is easily the hardest in this country! But wow is there a change in her. I am so blessed to have seen it.

We found Luz contacting when I was with Arnez. We were walking to a lesson. And he just stopped and said I like this door. Let’s knock. And boom! We found the most prepared person of our missions! I know the Spirit of the Lord told him to do that. I am happy we were worthy to be guided to one of our sisters.

We taught a man named Juan and his ¨Wife¨ Atzumi who this week asked us how we were able to change her ¨Husband¨ because he has a hard heart.  We read 2 Nephi 33:1 when a man speaks with the power of the Holy Spirit it carries the words to the hearts of the children of men!  Or in other words. We were just there. The Spirit is teaching him. I'm
not.


I know why I have had a hard mission.  Because I started it with a hard heart the Lord had to crack me down a little to restart in the process of building. Listening to Jeffery R. Holland this week he said, "Any evil can be undone. But it will NEVER DEVELOP INTO SOMETHING GOOD." He also said Faith is like a rope. Easy to trust when you use it to tie a box or your shoe. But when you hang from it you always wish you had more!

That’s what I have for this week. 

Take care!

Sonriendo Siempre,
Elder Glassett


O
Glassechi…(en Portugeus)

No comments:

Post a Comment