Monday, March 30, 2015

Huánuco is my new home..

Monday, March 30, 2015

Okay everyone!! 
 
Hello! 
 
I got moved out of my Pampas… and separated from my child... Poor guy he was so young… I am in a city called Huánuco now and it is a COMPLETETLY DIFFERENT WORLD HERE!!! First of all it is modern… more or less. Secondly the city is HOT!!! Bueno… maybe it’s not THAT hot but after being in Cerro and then Pampas you can bet I got used to cold…  (Coco is now in a climate of 80 degrees year round and 6,700 feet above sea level.)
 
My house is in a place called parque doscedros… My pension is across the street from the bishop. His wife is a health food freak… it’s awesome!! We eat avocados and watermelon every day! And she made me wash my hands before eating an apple once!!  So that made me feel safe... 
 
Our ward puts Paragsha AND Pampas to shame!!! Normally we have like 150 in attendance!! That is more than the 70 and the 30 that I had before!! 
 
My Comp is Elder Reis... From Brazil. So it’s Elder Hays…That’s how you say it… I will never understand why Portuguese is how it is… but I don’t care because I don’t have to learn it!! Go Me! 
 
This week we had the opportunity to go to a place called Tingo Maria… Which is the Jungle in my Zone! We were doing a baptismal interview! And Holy cow it's Hot in the jungle!!! TOO HOT! It’s the Sun in there!!! And if you want to know what the mountains are like there just watch Tarzan! Because it’s pretty much the same!! 
 
This week while knocking doors we found a member of the MMM... (Evangelical) and she has been a member for 14 years! But because she only has the Bible and not the Spirit teaching her about the Bible... she doesn’t understand the Bible too well.... She told us about her baptism and how she felt when she left the water... how she felt the Holy Ghost... We tried to explain the Holy Ghost and the GIFT of the Holy Ghost are different... maybe when we fill a cup of water it will have water until we drink it all... but the Gift of the Holy Ghost is an unlimited supply... It never runs out!!!

I am grateful for the spirit who teaches me the truths of the gospel!!!  It makes all the diferencia. 

I hope you all find yourselves well! I am still alive and well!

Sonriendo Siempre,
Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment