Monday, May 4, 2015

What a week. hay cambios? no lo creo!!! (There are changes? I don't think so!!!)

Monday, May 4, 2015


Hola. 

WOW!!! I think that for the first time in my misión the folks back in Utah have had a crazier week than I did! Which makes me proud of you all. YOU BEAT PERÚ!!!

But really.  My week went by really smoothly…. Minus an Elder in my zone who baptized someone who wasn’t in his area and everyone was pretty upset. Haha the good part was that the other Zone Leader was Elder Garcia (MI CAUSA) so it was okay. In the end we had a good week!

Funny story. We flagged down a moto taxi the other day and after he had stopped and I had told him where we were going he said…. I don’t have any gas…..WHAT THE HECK MAN???? IF YOU DON’T HAVE GAS WHY DID YOU STOP????? DID YOU THINK THAT FOR SOME RANDOM REASON MY COMPANION AND I HAD GOTTEN ALL DRESSED UP TO TAKE A TAXI TO THE GAS STATION WITH YOU????? HAHA that made me laugh really hard and contemplate the human mind…

I want to say something. Every time Hna. Henderson bears her testimony with her broken Spanish… she says. I know that death is not the end. I know that to be true...
Every trial, hardship, addiction, trouble, pain, every time you have felt empty, forgotten, lonely, or unloved. It's just another opportunity to respond based on the principles and teaching of him who has felt all of those thing and more. It is in the hardest moments. Then and only then do we look to Christ. Because then and only then do we truly understand why we need a savior. Nobody would look for food if they didn’t need it. And in that same way nobody will put their faith into action without understanding that He and only He has the power to stop the fall. Only he can catch us. Only He has the power to do this.  

DyC 101:16 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.

Sonriendo Siempre
Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment